Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Low Carb Zucchini Spinach Alfredo


Alfredo sauce is a huge weakness for me, like I could maybe eat Styrofoam peanuts if they were covered in Alfredo sauce. Something about this rich and creamy sauce really challenges my will power, so I had to figure out a way for us to still be in each others lives and for me to still fit into my jeans. I decided I would use it as my sauce on my favorite veggies! The guilt factor is seriously reduced and the result was a completely satisfying rich and creamy bowl of comforting low carb Zucchinni Alfredo! I also roasted up some seriously fabulous Brussel Sprouts! You can find that recipe here:http://www.richandskinnykc.blogspot.com/2013/08/crispy-brussels-sprouts-with-bacon-and.html

ZUCCHINI ALFREDO -feeds 2
2 large Zucchinis
1 1/2 cups Alfredo Sauce (I love Bertolli brand)
1/3 cup red onion chopped
Salt and pepper
2 cups Spinach
Parmesan -optional
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice

Here are the ingredients you will need for  your "Pasta Alfredo" I have talked about this handy vegetable shredder before, it is a must have for this recipe! 
In a large saucepan add a  tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 1/3 chopped  red onion.
Use your julienne slicer to begin shredding your Zucchini. I didn't peel mine, and it was fine!
Add your shredded Zucchini to a large bowl
Add the juice of half a lemon avoiding getting any seeds in your bowl.
Add your Zucchini to your large pot over Medium high heat. Allow to cook about 8 minutes until Al Dente. You do not want your noodles too soft.
Add in about 1 1/2 cups of Alfredo, more or less depending on how much sauce you like! And add your 2 cups of raw spinach on top of that. Fold in with the rest of the dish gently. Cook only about 2 minutes longer, to warm the spinach without getting it too soggy.

Zucchini Spinach Alfredo! So delicious! And a great dish to bring for lunch the next day!

1 comment:

© Rich & Skinny. Powered by