Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Shrimp and Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms



I had left over Alfredo sauce in my refrigerator and I couldn't just let it sit there and go bad like a sad puppy, I had to use it! So out of the blue, late after a long day at work I threw this together never intending to blog it. But it was so fabulous (If I do say so myself) I took some last minute pictures so I can share it with fellow Alfredo lovers.

SHRIMP AND SPINACH STUFFED MUSHROOMS
1/2 POUND OF PEELED AND DEVEINED SHRIMP
2 LARGE PORTABELLA CAPS
1 CUP ALFREDO SAUCE
OLIVE OIL
1 TEASPOON MINCED GARLIC
1/3 CUP ITALIAN CHEESE
1/4 CUP ITALIAN BREAD CRUMBS
OLD BAY SEASONING
SALT 
PEPPER


Clean your Portabella's with a damp cloth and remove the stems. Put face up in a oven safe dish and add about 3 tablespoons of Olive oil to each cap and 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar. Poke some holes in your Portabella's with a fork so that they marinade all the way through. Add some salt and pepper. Put them in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.


Take  your Shrimp and rinse them with water in a colander. Blot them dry with paper towels and in a large bowl. Add Olive Oil to coat them and generously coat them with your seasoning, I used Old Bay, salt, pepper and Italian Seasoning. In a sauce pan over medium heat add some Olive Oil and your minced garlic. Then add your shrimp. Let them cook about 5 minutes on each side. Add your Alfredo sauce and stir. Lower your heat and add in your fresh Spinach. Fold it in to coat it but do not cook it to the point it shrivels.
Take your Portabella's out of the oven and sprinkle them with the Bread Crumbs and some Italian Cheese.
Turn your oven to Broil and with the oven door slightly open let them sit under the Broiler about 5 minutes until the Bread Crumbs get toasted and your cheese melts.
Your Stuffed Mushrooms are ready to serve! I put my leftover Alfredo Shrimp Spinach mix over some more uncooked Spinach and took it to work for lunch in a plastic container the next day!
Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment

© Rich & Skinny. Powered by