Friday, December 13, 2013

Sweet and Salty Holiday Pecans

Life has been super busy with the Holidays and I have neglected my blog!
I had a great low key Thanksgiving and put a spin on my Granny's Pecan's my Aunt Betsy makes every year that are delicious. Usually we just saute them with butter and salt, and they are perfect to snack on before Thanksgiving dinner- but with my sweet tooth I wanted to put a sweet spin on them to make them a low carb sweet snack that would knock out my sugar cravings! They turned out so well! My friends and I couldn't stop snacking on them! The brown sugar and butter make a crispy sweet coating on the nuts and the pumpkin pie spice gives them a kick of spicy nutmeg and cinnamon that makes them a perfect salty sweet snack!


SWEET AND SALTY PECANS
4 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 teaspoons Sea Salt
2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon

That's it!

Of course adjust any of the measurements to your liking, more salt, less salt, it's your snack!


In a large skillet melt your butter over medium high heat. Begin to saute your Pecan's watching them closely, because from experience I can tell you if you take your eye off them too long you will come back to black burned Pecans!

Let them saute for about 5 minutes and then add your pumpkin spice, salt , cinnamon and brown sugar, mix well to coat the pecans in the buttery sugary salty deliciousness.

Turn the heat to Medium Low and cook them about 5-10 minutes longer until they are golden brown.

Put them on a paper towel , so cool and drain some of the excess butter and then serve!

I also love these on top of  French Toast, or on top of your Holiday Pumpkin Pie! Yumm! 



These are also great to put in a cute little tin gift box and give as a little holiday gift to friends and co-workers!

Happy Holidays!
LMS

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Rich & Skinny. Powered by