Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Girls Fall Wine Tasting Party!

  I met 3 lovely ladies who also happen to all be roommates earlier this Fall through my friend Caitlin. We had a girls adventure together in October, exploring the wineries in Paola,KS (about an hour South from where we live in Kansas City). We had a great time and all instantly bonded over our love of wine and food. The wines in Paola were surprisingly delicious, not as sweet as some of the wines made locally. The weather was perfect and we had an incredible day sitting outside, eating cheese and crackers, drinking new wines, laughing, and getting to know each other.

 I was so excited when I was invited to their "Girls Fall Wine Tasting" Party. I loved the concept so much! Every girl was asked to bring a bottle of wine, and a cheese.
I thought this was a especially genius budget friendly way to get your friends together! Hopefully each girl won't be out too much money after buying a wine and a cheese, but when we bring them all together we will have a feast of wine and cheese. And that is exactly what happened!
 Our hosts completely out did themselves and we walked into a wine tasting Wonderland, decorated with no detail overlooked, a gorgeously decorated table, flowers, and a spread of delicious heavy appetizers they had prepared to create a huge cornucopia of food for us all! So while they made it simple on their guests- it was obvious they had put a ton of thought, time and effort into throwing a awesome bash for their girlfriends.
When you combine cheese on cheese on cheese, with wine on wine on wine you are pretty much guaranteed a great time. But add in 15 lovely ladies, Fall decorations, delicious food, fabulous wines, hilarious stories, girl talk, boy talk, makeup talk and a sing-a-long (not kidding) it made for one hell of a great time.

I was so inspired by their great concept I offered to host the Winter Wine tasting. I will post those pictures next month! 




I picked up a Petite Sirah which I have recently discovered I am a big fan of. I had never tried this particular Winery before but it was delicious! Really Spicy, with some Tobacco and lots of Dark Fruit. (My friends are laughing right now because I say that about any red wine I like, but really  this one was delish!) I paired it with a creamy Italian Gorgonzola which I drizzled with honey. It was a great combo. There were so many great cheeses and wines I had never had before and our hosts had prepared adorable note cards for us to track the wines we loved, liked, and wanted to spit out in the wine spittoon. 



One of our hostesses arranging the flowers. I loved the tablescape. The burlap, mason jars, apples, black and white chevron and wood elements created the perfect Fall table setting! 

Every wine bottle was given a number in which we would taste it- 


Loved the tree stump centerpiece the flowers sat on!


Every guest had their name on an Apple in order to know our place at the table.






Taking our photo under the CHEERS! Burlap Banner. 


 The Cheeses were all marked with a Cork on a Skewer stuck in the cheese! So clever. There were so many new interesting cheeses !


The cheese and food spread was seriously amazing! We were all stuffed by the end of the night! They even had all the perfect sweets to go with wine! 

Such a fun night! At the end of the night we were all given water bottles with Tylenol tied to them with ribbon! Much needed the next day, but totally worth it!

Hope this inspires you to grab some friends, wine and cheese and have your own tasting! I can't wait for the Winter Wine tasting and to get this fun crew of ladies back together for another great night!


Cheers!
xo
LMS

1 comment:

  1. Great to see Nia’a first birthday celebrations. I really loved everything done here and planning to organize my daughter’s birthday party at one of LA venues. Will be having princess party theme that she demanded for. Very happy and excited for the day.

    ReplyDelete

© Rich & Skinny. Powered by