Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween Festivities!


 Happy Halloween (Well couple days after)... I had a great one this year. I began the day at work, in meetings with important customers where I needed to look like a normal person. But, as soon as they left I grabbed my bag of tricks and transformed into an Indian Squaw for the rest of the day. I think I really pulled it off (sarcasm). I am really a little bit Cherokee Indian! But apparently everyone from Oklahoma is, apparently they really got around.




 I invited some friends over and we had a great inexpensive, healthy dinner, dressed up like weirdos, dressed my cats up, attempted to watch The Shining for the first time in my life ever but had TV issues, ate white chocolate covered strawberries, accidentally created ridiculously addicting White Chocolate Popcorn that was about as addicting as crack, and I almost managed to completely forget about being dumped in a text message a couple weeks before.

 I made a Fall themed menu of Nutmeg White Cheese Fondue with French Bread, and Maple Acorn Squash stuffed with Autumn Wild Rice. So delicious!  I will post those recipes next week!

Enjoy these pics of me living out my cat lady fantasies...


Sorry I'm not sorry.

xo,
R&S








D & C were really pretty cat versions of The Shining Twins. The movie of the evening (we attempted to watch)

It was very hard for C to not smile, so we let her take a non-scary photo. Just for you Princess.
Imogen was Snow White, and really took one for the team. She was a social butterfly and life of the party, and did not retaliate by eating my face while I slept that night like I thought she might. 





Looking a little uncomfortable (like the rest of us) as we watched The Shining.

Of course I put together some last minute, festive decorations. Sharpy and Pumpkins I already had around the loft= cheap,easy, fast! I rigged a tail from last years costume and made a cat pumpkin (obviously, I would make a cat pumpkin..)

The maple roasted Acorn Squash with Autumn Wild Rice was a huge hit! 

Augustus Gloop on the other hand did not embrace his role as my Bouncer and I will never hire him again as Security for another one of my fete's.   If I was paying him in anything other then catnip I would have fired him on the spot.



The week before I had my friend D over and we painted our pumpkins, drank wine and laughed and listened to great music. So much fun. I loved painting my pumpkin! I had a bunch of paint and supplies left over from art I have made for my place and various craft projects, so it worked out great! No mess, and the pumpkins are going to last forever! (Almost)


We took our finished Pumpkins out in my hallway and the cats were DYING to see life on the other side of the door. 30 seconds later, this is what happened. Babies. They also got fleas. Overall fail exploring life on the other side.





How was your Halloween? Any one else dress their cats up? Anyone? Anyone???....


5 comments:

  1. I love every part of this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teehee, such cute pics! I love Halloween, but didn't get to do anything for it this year, so sad. :( x

    Živa | Nothin' Fancy. Really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ziva! There is always next year! Gives you a whole year to plan!

      Delete

© Rich & Skinny. Powered by