Thursday, April 17, 2014

Healthy Breakfast Nachos

Nachos are one of my favorite indulgences. This is a Skinny take on Chilaquiles- or Breakfast nachos. Instead of using Tortilla Chips I baked a Whole Wheat Tortilla cut into triangles with a pizza cutter. Then I added two over easy eggs, Black Bean and Corn Salsa, Hot Sauce and Plain Greek Yogurt instead of Sour Cream. They were absolutely delicious but without the guilt!

INGREDIENTS:
Whole Wheat Tortilla (1 per person)
2 Eggs Cooked Over Easy
Plain Greek Yogurt
Salsa 
Sriracha or Hot Sauce
Cheddar Cheese (Optional)
Chili Powder

Start with your tortilla and cut it into wedges. Place under the Broiler on Low heat and cook until golden.


Keep an eye on them because they will darken quickly!


After only about 5 minutes my Tortilla chips were ready to pull out of the oven . I already had 2 eggs cooking on the stove- I sprinkled them with some Chili Powder for a little extra flavor.


If you have never made over easy eggs - it is simple. Gently crack your eggs into your skillet over medium heat. Allow to cook 5-8 minutes until the whites have set firmly and there is not any raw egg white remaining. You don't want your pan so hot that your eggs are frying creating a hard bottom of your eggs, or that your yolks begin to harden. Just keep your eye on them and when they are done gently remove them from your pan with a spatula , careful to not break the yolks!

I am crazy for Greek Yogurt right now. The ways you can use it are endless and it is so much healthier for you and a great source of protein. Here I am using it like Sour Cream and it worked great! I also used Sriracha for some heat and a delicious Corn and Black Bean Salsa from Trader Joes.


My eggs are cooked over easy, with the yolks still nice and runny and I am ready to load up my Nachos with my toppings. I did not put any cheese on my Tortillas but adding Cheddar on top of the Chips before adding your eggs would be fabulous!


My finished Healthy Breakfast Nachos! So delicious and filling. I cut up my eggs so the yolks ran everywhere and then ate them with my hands like Nachos! Delish!


I hope you enjoy!

xo,
R&S






No comments:

Post a Comment

© Rich & Skinny. Powered by