Monday, May 20, 2013

Rich & Skinny Vegetarian Taco Supper!

I LOVE TACOS. As a kid my mom would take us to Taco Mayo (think that maybe was a midwest chain that no longer exists) and we would order 20 little taco's and my sister, mom and I would destroy them. I no longer eat fast food, or meat so I had to come up with a new way to satisfy this delicious craving. 

First things first. The life changing taco shell. Meet Tiara. These small, super thin, low calorie (40) low carb (4) per taco shells are amazingly authentic, super cheap and they soften up when you put your warm ingredients inside and are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

Meet Tiara Taco shells. (Buy the 18 pack. These will be gone in a flash of an eye)

Here is the rest of the members of the meal. Somehow the MVP of the meal is missing in this shot (The Zuchinni) I think my friend C was bringing it, she is always pawning off her half dead vegetables on me)

Add zuchinni as well, depending on how many people you are feeding add one or 2. 1 zuchinni and these ingredients feed about 4. Add an extra Avocado if you have guac lovers! Ours went quick!



Chop your zuchinni into into small cubes. (watch your fingers but if you just go over it with your knife a lot if will be fine)
Throw your zucchini in a pan with olive oil first. It will be the longest ingredient to cook. After you have strained your corn, and beans in a colander press out any remaining water and add to the zucchini. Add your package of Taco Seasoning and stir until warm. Finish with cheddar or mexican style shredded cheese in the pan and stir.






Set out your taco shells (no need to heat or pre cook) a bowl of your salsa, sliced avocado, cheese , hot sauce and any other condiments your gals request and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Rich & Skinny. Powered by